- Amapá. The northern state has seen a 300-percent surge in ICU admittances over the past month — leading state electoral authorities to forbid all in-person campaign events.
- Bahia. The state’s Health Secretary, Fábio Vilas-Boas, said Bahia registered its biggest daily infection tallies last week, “following rallies that gathered hundreds of people.”
- Espírito Santo. Healthcare providers report that their hospitals are full. The state government has filed a petition asking electoral courts to suspend all campaign events.
- Rio Grande do Norte. Hospital occupancy rates are going up, and the state government has pleaded with campaigns to favor online events over meet-and-greets.
- Paraíba. State authorities say that Paraíba’s biggest municipalities — capital João Pessoa and Campina Grande — are observing a surge of infections associated with party conventions and street rallies.